Debt-911 is one of South Africa’s most innovative debt counselling organisations offering a professional debt restructuring service. We have a national footprint assisting clients in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and all major cities.
What is a debt counsellor’s role and how can they assist you?
Debt counsellors are qualified individuals who have registered with the National Credit Regulator (NCR). They are able to organise themselves and offer their services to consumers who may be over-indebted. Debt counsellors are obliged to follow certain very strict guidelines with regards to how they can legally assist consumers with their debt review or debt restructuring.
When to engage with a debt counsellor
- If are battling to keep abreast of your financial debt prepayments
- If you have missed a debt repayment due to your debts having exceeded your income
- If you feel you may be over indebted
It’s important to gauge whether you are indebted and this can be done as follows:
- Taking further credit to pay your existing credit obligations
- Creditors chasing you up for money
- Paying your most important creditors before you pay others
- When your credit payments exceed your monthly income and your ability to pay them every month.
Our counsellors are experienced, highly qualified and will negotiate with a consumer’s creditors on their behalf to reduce their monthly repayments through a combination of reduced interest rates and or extended repayment periods.
When looking for a debt counsellor to partner with, it is imperative that you select a counsellor with a proven track record and even more important to select one who is registered with the NCR.
Debt-911, your trusted debt counselling partner
If you are concerned about the affordability of your debt repayments, simply call us, SMS Help to 40935 or fill out the form alongside and a highly trained, Debt-911 counsellor will make contact with you to assess your personal financial situation and give you free advice.